Leapfrogtown spawned, somewhat unexpectedly, in London in the spring of 2013.
Best described as a musical project, the band is the brainchild of musician, actor and artist Chris Guard and musician/producer Stuart Walton.
Influenced by everything from Talking Heads and Bowie to T Rex and Underworld, Leapfrogtown takes an eclectic approach to production, letting the sounds serve the songs and the band serve the sounds.
The Leapfrogtown sound is diverse but distinctive, taking in elements of art rock, post-punk, rock, ska and guitar pop.
Speaking about Leapfrogtown, Chris said: “Our approach is direct, energetic and quirky. Our music videos have similar values as music is a multi-sensory experience.”
ALBUM – “Dreaming In Public”
RECORD LABEL – Coffee Jingle Records
ITUNES PRE ORDER LINK – iTunes
THE OFFICIAL VIDEO OF “SEVEN” – Seven Video Official
FULL ALBUM SAMPLER ON YOUTUBE – Free Album Sampler
Leaf Pile Radio Interview:
1. Who are you?
2. Tell us the brief history of your band.
3. What are your songs about?
4. Who are your personal and musical inspirations?
5. Describe your show, visual and musically.
6. How do you promote your band and shows?
7. Tell us a story about a day in your life.
8. What are you currently listening to?
9. How does music affect you and the world around you?
10. What are your dreams and goals?
11. A person alive or dead – Who would you like to have lunch with? What would you order?
12. What advice would you give to fellow bands?
13. Tell us about your next shows and why we should be there.